Sunday, November 4, 2012

Carpe Diem #36, orange

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have read wonderful haiku on Red and today the second color of our wonderful rainbow-week is on ... that will be orange another nice warm color. In my country (The Netherlands) we have our Royal Family of Orange, orange is a strong color in my country, but orange can also stand for a citrusfruit. Orange flowers and more orange to see around us ... what do you think of a beautiful sunset or sunrise ... well we shall see what I can do with this theme orange ... have to write at least one haiku.


orange chrysanthemums
in full bloom standing proudly
waving in the wind
I have to admit that I never have had seen a orange house, but as I was surfing the WWW I ran in to a wonderful picture of a orange house somewhere in Bogota. And I had to write a haiku along going with it.

all day sunrise
what a joy to live in
my orange house

Well ... I loved composing these haiku ... I wonder ... what you my dear haijin, visitors and travelers will do with this prompt. I am looking forward to your posts.

This prompt will stay on 'till November 6th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new rainbow-week prompt yellow around 10.00 PM (CET) today.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the house photo and the excellent haiku about it ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ ~ 'all day sunrise' ...great line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful images and very bright haiku. I love the orange house and all day sunrise, wonderful!
    A joy to read.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An orange house would certainly bring sunrise. Live in a pink one myself. :-)
    wonderful haiku. Especially the chrysatemum one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo ... I think I would enjoy an orange house too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the orange house ! Love it...can see by the comments, I'm not alone. Enjoyed the orange chrysanthemum photo...I don't think I've seen one so lovely.
    Your haiku add much to the post...as lovely as the photos.

    ReplyDelete