Friday, April 29, 2016

Carpe Diem #966 passing of spring


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Here it is our last episode of April. This month was about haiga and I have seen wonderful haiga and I am glad that you all did like this month. It was a joy to see that there were new participants and that other participants returned. Thank you all for making this month and Carpe Diem Haiku Kai a success.

Today our prompt is passing of spring and it is based on Jane Reichhold's saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku". I love to thank Jane for giving permission to use her work. Thank you Jane.
Jane's saijiki is really awesome and a great source for prompts passing of spring Jane explains with an example of her beautiful haiku:

passing of spring
water trickles over rock
into the koi pond

© Jane Reichhold




Departing spring ... all trees and bushes green. The warmth of the sun, finally time for the beach ... a joy it's summer.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 4th at noon (CET). I will publish our first episode of May, in which we will have all Tan Renga, later on. I don't have the promptlist ready ... I hope to publish it tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Despite my earlier comments I think I am coming around to enjoying the process more since I've taken up the challenge, albeit late in the month.
    I think I've come upon a style I can work with. So thanks for broadening my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite lovely to get to be back for a time. Thank you for inspiring me and allowing me to be a part. -jody

    ReplyDelete